Samsung released their first official Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000. This update runs Android 4.0.3
At the moment only people from Germany with product code DBT could update their phones via Samsung KIES. Below are movies about the first official Ice Cream Sandwich firmware.
Galaxy Note GT-N7000
N7000XXLPY 4.0.3 2012 May N7000OXALPY Open Germany
-This is NON WIPE version
How to install it?
If you are from GB+Rooted, you need to have Mobile Odin
1. Download and extract N7000XXLPY_N7000OXALPY_DBT.zip
2. Copy Extracted file to your internal SD card
3. Download CF-Root-SGN_XX_OXA_LPY-v5.3-CWM5.zip
4. Extract CF root until you see the "zImage" file
5. Copy "zImage" file to your internal SD card
6. Open Mobile Odin
7. Select 'Open file' and point to ROM file "N7000XXLPY_N7000OXALPY_N7000XXLPT_HOME.tar.md5"
8. Select Kernel tab and point to "zImage" file
9. Select Ever Root option
10. Select Flash Firmware
Check MD5: YES
11. Sit back and relax....
Finally you will get ICS 4.0.3 + Root + CWM
- If you face any error after restart, just restart again into recovery and do factory reset
- In case you need to go to recovery mode, DO NOT enter Recovery via CWM apk you will softbricked.
- Enter recovery via Volume UP+Home+Power button
Relax....watching the video...this is what you will have :)
Continue reading on XDA forum and here