A leaked Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack firmware from Samsung lets you enjoy neat features, such as Face Unlock of the Galaxy Nexus, and improves the mobile phone’s performance.
This leaked Value Pack firmware build XXJVU update includes the following:
- Face Unlock from Galaxy Nexus
- Galaxy Note Lockscreen
- Galaxy S2 Photo Editor
- Improved Camera App
- Ability to take picture while taking videos
- Fast auto-rotation response
- New Lockscreen sounds
- Enhanced stock browser
- Smoother and faster Gallery 3D
- Higher FPS rate in 3D
- Minor changes in the UI
RequirementsThe leaked ROM for the Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack build XXJVU hasn’t been thoroughly tested, so it may not be suitable for use daily. If you want to check out what the ROM has in store for you, you can try flashing it to your Galaxy S. But, take note of the following requirements and important reminders:
- Download Odin3 v1.83
- Download leaked Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack
- Create a backup of your phone data, settings, and important files.
- Disable/Kill Samsung KIES process from task manager. These could interfere during the installation process.
- Make sure your phone has at least 60% power.
- Update your device at your own risk. We are not liable for any damage arising from your use of this guide.
How to installIf you’re all set and ready to go, you may install Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread Value Pack into your Samsung Galaxy S by following these steps:
1. Extract the Value Pack ZIP update files to your desktop. The file should include the following files:
3. Turn off your Galaxy S and reboot it into download mode (Volume Down+Home+Power button)
4. Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
5. Once connected, wait for Odin’s ID:COM box to turn yellow, signaling that the device has been detected.
6. Manually add the files in their respective places in Odin3:
- PDA: CODE_I9000XXJVU_CL851880_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5
- PHONE: MODEM_I9000XXJVU_REV_00_CL1092175.tar.md5
- CSC: GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVU.tar.md5