Product Code: GT-N7000ZBADBT
HIDSWVER: N7000XXLA4 / N7000OXALA4 / N7000XXLA4 / N7000XXLA4
Strange thing is, it's Country/Carrier is Germany NOT Open Europe.
I will blog how to install it later. Now downloading.
Reason to upgrade:
Very good review and improvement in this firmware.
- The wifi connection is much more stable and connects faster to known hotspots.
- The signal strength has improved.
- The lag that was evident has been reduced substantially.
- The phone reboots much faster and unlocks faster.
- Apps like Whatsapp work much better than before without lag.
- Battery life has been about the same.
- The touch is now more responsive than before as well as scrolling vertically.
- The stock browser is a lot faster.
- Has not crashed since update (yet).
- Phone seems zippier generally in scrolling and some apps.
- Wallpaper issues i had with live wallpapers freezing and crashing and rebooting phone seem to have gone now.
- Stock file browser seems zippier too and gives me the 'processing' overlay for a lot less time or it almost instantly disappears (but still there).
- Stock video player which was unusable earlier is usable now and no longer freezing or forceclosing
- New phone icon on the bottom right. Who asked Samsung to change the old one?
- New lock screen animation. Who complained about the last one?
- New call icon at logs call
- Speed of the phone: This build is FAST. I haven't had one slow down yet! For example, in Whatsapp I've always had it load up and for every contact I have a picture. In my last build, I could see the list come up, but then every contact picture would load (and it took less than a second, but I could see the process go from no picture --> loading one by one, very quickly). Now they're all loaded instantly. No waiting. Applications start VERY fast, but I guess there is still some slowdown. Unlocking my phone is even faster than before. I believe the distance you have to drag (or maybe speed in which to move) has been reduced in turn reducing time to unlock.
- Touch screen sensitivity:I find the screen sensitivity just fine. Very sensitive to be honest.